China smelts more copper than the rest of the world combined and is also the largest copper refiner. In the Uyghur Region, the largest copper miner and processor is Xinjiang Nonferrous Metals Company. One of the world’s largest copper processors – Zijin Mining Group – is also active in the region. Xinjiang Nonferrous’s mining operations were used to architect and pilot transfer schemes to indoctrinate Uyghurs from the southern XUAR through labor transfers. Workers experienced collective punishment and exposure to extreme workplace hazards in addition to being forcibly separated from families.
- Ashele Copper Mine
- Gansu Jianxin Group
- Hami Jubao Resources Development Co., Ltd.
- Hami Red Stone Mining Co., Ltd.
- Hami Yanxin Copper Industry Co., Ltd.
- Honghe Henghao Mining Co., Ltd.
- Jiashi County Tonghui Mining Co., Ltd.
- Jilin Jien Nickel Industry Co., Ltd.
- Jinchuan Group Co., Ltd.
- Sareke Copper Mine of NFC Daye Mining Branch
- Xinjiang Kalatongke Mining Co., Ltd.
- Xinjiang Nonferrous Metal Industry Co.
- Xinjiang Poly Deep Blue Mining Co., Ltd.
- Xinjiang Yibao Mineral Resources Exploration and Development Co., Ltd.
- Xinxin Mining
- Zijin Mining Xinjiang
Raw material processor
- Jingjiang Hongxing Copper Manufacturing Co
- Ningxia CNMC (China New Ferrous Metals Group) New Materials Co
- Shaanxi Xinshenghua Industrial Co.
- Xinjiang Asia-Europe Rare Metal Co.
- Xinjiang Boyuan Copper Industry Co.
- Xinjiang Hoshine Innovative Materials Co., Ltd.
- Xinjiang Wuxin Copper
- Xinjiang Zhonghe Co. Ltd. / Joinworld
- Xinjiang Zhongsheng Copper Industry Co.
- Zhengwei Group
Casting, Rolling, Finishing
- Fukang Ruifeng Copper Industry Co.
- Jiangxi Huaye Precision Industry Co.
- Xinjiang Yiri Copper Foil Technology Co.
- Beijing Baodi Xindi Technology and Trade.
- Beijing Xinding Shunze Hi-tech Co.
- Gerald Metals
- Transamine Trading